Country/psych/rock/folk/kitchen-sink collective The Gin Club are touring the East Coast of Australia this December in support of their new single “Dancing With The Ghost”, taken from their forthcoming fifth studio album Southern Lights.
Another epic tune from the pen of Adrian Stoyles, “Dancing With The Ghost” shows off all the elements the Club are renowned for – atmospheric pop/rock with flourishes of cello and keys and a real antipodean character.
2014 has been a memorable year for The Gin Club – they celebrated their ten year anniversary, played a sold out show alongside Mick Thomas and Jeff Lang at Hobart’s DARK MOFO festival as well as appearing at the Gumball festival in the Hunter Valley.
Quietly operating on their own terms in the fringes of the music industry, The Gin Club’s stature continues to grow with each passing year, with new generations of fans discovering their rich and varied recorded output, or experiencing their powerful, spine tingling live shows.
They remain, first and foremost, a group of great friends who love making music together, and will continue to do so for many years, happily oblivious to the cycle of boom and bust that characterises much of the contemporary music business.
It’s never too late to get on board. Don’t miss The Gin Club as they tour Australia this Nov/Dec.
PREMIER ARTISTS PRESENT:
- Thursday 13 November Triffid Newstead QLD with Guests Giants Of Science and Stress Of Leisure
- Friday 5th December – The Gasometer Hotel, Collingwood, Melbourne VIC with Skyscraper Stan & The Commission Flats and Jim Lawrie (solo)
- Saturday 6th December – The Eastern, Ballarat VIC
- Friday 12th December & Sat 13th December – The Homestead, Hobart TAS
- Sunday 14th December – The Wheatsheaf, Thebarton, Adelaide SA
- Friday 19th December – The Stag & Hunter, Newcastle NSW
- Saturday 20th December – The Junkyard, Maitland NSW
- Sunday 21st December – The Petersham Bowls Club, Petersham, Sydney NSW
CHECK VENUES AND OZTIX FOR PRESALES